Here are four basic bicycling tips:
The following are things you can do to maintain control of your bicycle, even in an emergency:
- Ensure your bicycle is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- A properly-fitted bicycle is more comfortable and easier to control.
- Follow Good Pedal's bike sizing guide for proper bike fitting.
- Ensure your bicycle is in good working order by inspecting it regularly.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury. By law, bicycle riders under 16 years old must wear a bicycle helmet while riding on a public road. Helmets are available for rental if you're not bringing your helmets from home.
Wear your helmet per manufacturer directions.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
- Operate rental equipment during sunrise to sunset hours.
Ride in a Safe Lane Position
Ride in the same direction as traffic so you are more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Passing a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to make a left turn at an intersection.
- When a lane is too narrow for a bicycle
- When approaching a right turn.
- If the road is one-way with two or more lanes.
Condition and purpose
- For Rental only bookings, full payment is required upon booking. Payment will be made via our secure online booking system.
- Cancellation up to 24 hours will receive a full refund minus credit card processing fees and restocking.
- Good Pedals accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- If the service becomes unavailable for the Rental Period due to circumstances beyond Good Pedals' control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier rental contract), Good Pedals will use its best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If Good Pedals is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to Good Pedals, minus any costs Good Pedals has incurred related to this booking.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pickups, no-shows, or change of mind.